NLM ha released Mobile MedlinePlus tomorrow. There are links on the MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español home pages.
Mobile MedlinePlus is available –
http://m.medlineplus.gov (Spanish home page at http://m.medlineplus.gov/spanish/). A Contact Us link at the bottom of every page, so please continue to send us feedback and encourage others to do so as well.
Below is quick description of Mobile MedlinePlus that might help you explain this new service. You can also feel free to use the attached screen capture of the Mobile MedlinePlus home page on an iPhone in your announcements. There is an FAQ on the full MedlinePlus site at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/faq/mobile.html that includes special instructions for Blackberry users. In addition, a Technical Bulletin article and press release are forthcoming.
Thank you again,
The MedlinePlus Team
Mobile MedlinePlus includes many of your favorite MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español pages in a display that is optimized for mobile devices.
Mobile MedlinePlus includes
- Topic summaries – “snackable” pieces of information, you can access and digest quickly
- News – the latest in treatment, medical research and healthy living tips
- Images – visual appeal is important
- Encyclopedia articles & drug information – heavily-used content
Mobile MedlinePlus does not include
- External links – these pages are not optimized for mobile; they are “regular” Web pages
- Interactive tutorials – Flash doesn’t work on many mobile devices
- Some licensed content – we’ll work on adding in the future