Please see the announcement below from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services — announced by Louise Cunningham; NCI/OCE
CMS has released a new resource: Physician Compare. Required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Physician Compare website : http://www.medicare.gov/find-a-doctor/provider-search.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 expands and updates CMS’ Healthcare Provider Directory. Physician Compare is designed to be consumer friendly and help all patients locate health professionals in their communities. By simply choosing a zip code and specialty, the website provides contact information for offices, whether the professional speaks a language other than English, and the professional’s gender and educational background. The tool can also help Medicare beneficiaries identify which physicians participate in the Medicare program.
- CMS Presser Announcing Phase 1 of Medicare Physician Provider Directory (theinsurancebarn.wordpress.com)
- CMS Physician Compare Site-Same as Websites For Profit? Same MD Convicted of Medicare Fraud and Dead Chimney Doctor on the List (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- US health reform facts for the new year (medcitynews.com)
- New Healthcare Reform Provisions Go Into Effect (usnews.com)
- Washington Ratchets Up the Fight Against Medicare Fraud (time.com)