This item was posted on the HealthLiteracy Listserv this morning by Julie Kinney.
The National Coalition for Literacy (NCL), with generous support from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation, has launched a blog
(http://blog.ncladvocacy.org/) where you can interact with national public policy experts to get answers to timely questions about public policy, media relations, and advocacy!
Adult Education and Family Literacy Week begins October 18, 2009. NCL is hosting an online guest discussion, from October 19-23, using the blog to discuss _Cultivating Media Relations_. There, NCL Members will support you in responding to questions from the media, and will offer advice based on their public relations expertise.
Participation is free and very easy! Join us for this special guest discussion by visiting:
Guest bloggers will post articles during the week. Pose your questions and discuss timely topics, such as:
* Framing Values Successfully
* Building Visibility in Your Community
* Cultivating the Media Through Strategic Communications
* Engaging Your Nonprofit Board in Advocacy
* Organizing at the Grassroots Level
* Promoting Family Literacy
* Art Ellison, Public Policy Committee Chair, National Council of State Directors of Adult Education (NCSDAE)
* David Harvey, President and CEO, ProLiteracy
* Tony Peyton, Senior Director of Policy and Government Relations, National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL)
* David J. Rosen, President, Newsome Associates
* John Segota, Director of Advocacy and Professional Relations, Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
* Marsha Tait, Public Policy Co-Chair, National Coalition for Literacy
Spread the word!
Julie McKinney; Health Literacy List Moderator; World Education
National Institute for Literacy
Health and Literacy mailing list