I’m still pouring through e-mail messages from late last year. This is an exciting announcement regarding a great new web site produced by Health Literacy Missouri found at www.healthliteracymissouri.org. They describe their purpose for the web site.
Our mission is to improve the health of all Missourians and become a national leader in health literacy by…
- Providing access to plain language healthcare information
- Offering educational resources that help healthcare providers communicate effectively with patients
- Creating systematic change at the point of medical care
- Improving health literacy through education and community collaborations
- Strengthening the evidence for health literacy
One of the exciting features of the web site is their inclusion of a section called In the Library. They include search capabilities and an “Ask the Librarian” function, with questions submitted to a “librarian team”. This is a great example of collaboration! We wish you success HLM and look forward to visiting often.