This information was recently posted on the HealthLiteracy listserv by Julie McKinney; Health Literacy List Moderator; World Education; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some recent health literacy related reports from PubMed:
1. Addressing low literacy and health literacy in clinical oncology practice. Garcia SF, Hahn EA, Jacobs EA. J Support Oncol. 2010 Mar-Apr;8(2):64-9. PMID: 20464884 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
2. Internal consistency of the Spanish health literacy test (TOFHLA-SPR) for Puerto Rico. Rivero-Méndez M, Suárez E, Solís-Báez SS, Hernández G, Cordero W, Vázquez I, Medina Z, Padilla R, Flores A, Bonilla JL, Holzemer WL. P R Health Sci J. 2010 Mar;29(1):49-53. PMID: 20222334 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Free PMC Article Free text
3. Health literacy instrument in family medicine: the “newest vital sign” ease of use and correlates. Shah LC, West P, Bremmeyr K, Savoy-Moore RT. J Am Board Fam Med. 2010 Mar-Apr;23(2):195-203. PMID: 20207930 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Free Article
4. Eating disorders mental health literacy in Singapore: beliefs of young adult women concerning treatment and outcome of bulimia nervosa. Chen A, Mond JM, Kumar R. Early Interv Psychiatry. 2010 Feb;4(1):39-46. PMID: 20199479 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
5. Environmental influences on development of type 2 diabetes and obesity: challenges in personalizing prevention and management. Ershow AG. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2009 Jul 1;3(4):727-34. Review. PMID: 20144320 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]