The following request was posted by AMA Foundation Health Literacy firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) has issued a call for Breakout Session presentations for their 10th Annual Health Literacy Conference on May 5-6, 2011 in Irvine, Calif. The submission deadline is Oct. 29, 2010.
Breakout sessions will be 90-minute, hands-on, interactive workshops. IHA is particularly interested in breakout session presentations on:
– How to find and write a winning health literacy grant proposal
– Implementing health literacy strategies in a group health plan setting
– Assessing and testing your education materials
– Advanced social media in a healthcare setting
– Specific, replicable models in health literacy
– Other health literacy-related topics focused on providing skills or tools
Selected presenters will be provided an honorarium, travel/hotel accommodations, and complimentary conference registration.
For more information and submission guidelines, visit http://www.iha4health.org/default.aspx/MenuItemID/342/MenuGroup/_Health+Literacy+Conference.htm
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
American Medical Association * Helping doctors help patients
515 N. State Street
Chicago, Illinois 60654