“Today, MedlinePlus released 100 new herb and supplement monographs in English and Spanish from Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Consumer Version (NMCD).
“Some of the highlights of the new monographs include:
- Descriptions of herbal remedies, dietary supplements, and how they work
- Effectiveness ratings for different indications
- Safety concerns, including special precautions and warnings
- Information on interactions with medications, foods, and other herbs and supplements
- Dosages that have been studied in scientific research
- Extensive lists of references, with links to PubMed
- A “Share” button on each monograph that allows users to easily share the content with friends and family”
(from the BHIC Blog)
This new content replaces the Natural Standard monographs that were previously on MedlinePlus. You can see a complete list of NMCD monographs in English and Spanish on the MedlinePlus Herb and Supplement index pages.
If you have questions or comments about the new content, please contact the MedlinePlus team by using the “Contact Us” link that appears at the top of every MedlinePlus page.”
Manager, Consumer Health Information
National Library of Medicine