The following was posted on the BHIC Blog. Siobhan Blackwell, the Blog author has cited the original sources for each resource listed.
‘Interpreters Save Lives’ Campaign
The Texas Association of Healthcare Interpreters and Translators (TAHIT) officially launched the ‘Interpreters Save Lives’ awareness campaign with a co-branded public service announcement (PSA) produced by Fluency, Inc. of Sacramento, California. The co-branded 90 second video features an English-speaking woman entering an emergency department with her infant child who has a temperature of 105 degrees. Unfortunately no one in the emergency department speaks English and, as the frantic woman frustratingly attempts to communicate, the viewer is left feeling panicked and uncomfortable. The video may be viewed online at http://tahit.us/resources/for_language_access_advocates. [TAHIT Summer/Fall 2010 Newsletter]
From the New Routes to Community Health comes some recent health videos.
- What If My Drugs Are Too Expensive? (In Chinese–Mandarin–with Chinese Subtitles) http://newroutes.org/node/29932
- What If My Drugs Are Too Expensive? (In Chinese–Mandarin–with English Subtitles) http://newroutes.org/node/29931
- How To Read a Prescription Label (In Chinese–Mandarin–with Chinese Subtitles http://newroutes.org/node/29927
- How To Read a Prescription Label (In Chinese (Mandarin) with English Subtitles) http://newroutes.org/node/29924
- Doctor/Patient Communications, Part 1 (Lao) http://newroutes.org/node/38016
- Doctor/Patient Communications, Part 2 (Lao) http://newroutes.org/node/37984
- High Blood Pressure, Part 1 (Lao) http://newroutes.org/node/37888
- High Blood Pressure, Part 2 (Lao) http://newroutes.org/node/37889