The following announcement was posted on the HealthLiteracy Listserve.
Health Literacy Innovations Announces Winners of 2010 National Health Literacy Innovators Award
The contest, a national competition to reward innovators in health literacy and in celebration of October, National Health Literacy Month, was judged by a prestigious list of health literacy experts and funded by an anonymous health literacy donor. The winners to receive a cash award, certificate, and recognition are:
ReadsEasy™ Publication Award: Florida Literacy Coalition, Orlando, FL – Women’s Health: A Special Addition to Staying Healthy
Champion Award: Dr. Ariella Herman, Ph.D., Los Angeles, CA – UCLA / J & J Health Care Institute
Clear Focus Multi-Media Award: Neighborhood Health Plan, Boston, MA – Neighborhood Health Plan Usability Website
Thanks to the prestigious 2010 Health Literacy Innovator Award judges:
- Carolyn Cocotas, Senior Vice President, Quality and Corporate Compliance, F.E.G.S., Health and Human Services System & IOM Health Literacy Task Force Member, New York
- George Flouty, MD, Medical Director, Pfizer NY, Founding member of Pfizer’s Health Literacy Initiative (retired)
- Julie Gazmararian, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University Atlanta
- Linda Johnston Lloyd, MEd Health Literacy Consultant and Retired U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration Health, Literacy Coordinator
- Marycelis Keiser, MPH, CHES, Director, Pfizer Inc., Primary Care Business Unit
- Julie McKinney, LINCS Health Literacy List Moderator, World Education, Inc.
- Guadalupe Pacheco, Jr., M.S.W, Special Assistant to the Director, Office of Minority Health, Office of Public Health and Science U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC
For more information and press release please go to:
- Health Literacy Innovations Announces 2010 National Health Literacy Innovators Award Winners (prweb.com)