The following announcement was posted on the HealthLiteracy Listserve.
Health Literacy Innovations Announces Winners of 2010 National Health Literacy Innovators Award
The contest, a national competition to reward innovators in health literacy and in celebration of October, National Health Literacy Month, was judged by a prestigious list of health literacy experts and funded by an anonymous health literacy donor. The winners to receive a cash award, certificate, and recognition are:
ReadsEasy™ Publication Award: Florida Literacy Coalition, Orlando, FL – Women’s Health: A Special Addition to Staying Healthy
Champion Award: Dr. Ariella Herman, Ph.D., Los Angeles, CA – UCLA / J & J Health Care Institute
Clear Focus Multi-Media Award: Neighborhood Health Plan, Boston, MA – Neighborhood Health Plan Usability Website
Thanks to the prestigious 2010 Health Literacy Innovator Award judges:
- Carolyn Cocotas, Senior Vice President, Quality and Corporate Compliance, F.E.G.S., Health and Human Services System & IOM Health Literacy Task Force Member, New York
- George Flouty, MD, Medical Director, Pfizer NY, Founding member of Pfizer’s Health Literacy Initiative (retired)
- Julie Gazmararian, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University Atlanta
- Linda Johnston Lloyd, MEd Health Literacy Consultant and Retired U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration Health, Literacy Coordinator
- Marycelis Keiser, MPH, CHES, Director, Pfizer Inc., Primary Care Business Unit
- Julie McKinney, LINCS Health Literacy List Moderator, World Education, Inc.
- Guadalupe Pacheco, Jr., M.S.W, Special Assistant to the Director, Office of Minority Health, Office of Public Health and Science U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC