NLM Funding Support Web Page Revised
The National Library of Medicine® updated the Web page that explains how research funding support can be searched in PubMed®.
The Winter 2011 issue of NIH MedlinePlus Salud is now available online!
NIH MedlinePlus Salud is a free, bilingual (Spanish/English) guide to the best in reliable, up-to-date health information. The Winter 2011 issue features Chef LaLa, along with the following articles:
- Peso saludable, niño sano / Healthy Weight, Healthy Child
- Usted tiene diabetes ¿Ahora qué? / You Have Diabetes Now What?
- Información esencial sobre el cáncer de seno / Breast Cancer Basics and You
Free print subscriptions of NIH MedlinePlus Salud are available for your doctor’s office, local health center, clinic, or hospital waiting room. To order, complete the form at http://www.vitalitycommunications.com/salud/subscription.php.
PubMed Health is Now Available!
PubMed Health is a consumer health Web site produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), a division of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). PubMed Health provides up-to-date information on diseases, conditions, injuries, drugs, supplements, treatment options, and healthy living, with a special focus on comparative effectiveness research from institutions around the world.
PubMed Health includes:
- consumer guides summarizing comparative effectiveness research
- fact sheets on diseases and conditions
- information on drugs and supplements
- encyclopedic overviews of health topics
- links to external Web sites
PubMed Health has a special focus on comparative effectiveness research, in particular that research which evaluates the available evidence of the benefits and harms of different treatment options for different groups of people. In Comparative Effectiveness Research, experts often synthesize the evidence from dozens, or even hundreds, of individual studies.