The following was posted on the BHIC Blog.
EHR Success Stories: Joplin Clinic Rises from the Rubble in 72 hours
This video demonstrates the impact having an electronic health record in place can have when disasters occur. Despite the loss of the hospital after the tornado swept through Joplin, Missouri, health care providers were still able to access their patients’ records within three days.
- Joplin tornado death toll rises to 154 (cnn.com)
- National Library of Medicine launches MedlinePlus Connect (hhs.gov)
- Joplin Missouri Tornado Victims Face Deadly Fungal Infections [Video] (realestateradiousa.com)
- Joplin, Missouri Tornado – before and after photos (prof77.wordpress.com)
- Tornado devastates Joplin, Missouri (worldnewsonvideo.wordpress.com)