The following announcement was posted by the AMA Foundation.
The 2nd Annual Missouri Health Literacy Summit, “Health Literacy Tools for Building a Patient-Centered Health Home,” will be held on Sept. 13 in Columbia, Mo.
Sponsored by Health Literacy Missouri in cooperation with University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing and University Extension, this statewide conference will provide participants with key health literacy tools to use in their organizations, strategies for improving health literacy as one way to meet quality and efficiency targets, and ways to collaborate and leverage existing resources to improve health care for Missourians.
Conference objectives are:
– Identify components of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that directly relate to health literacy
– Discuss the role of health literacy in successful implementation of a patient-centered health home
– Discuss the potential impact of the implementation of health literacy best practices on health care costs
– Explore health literacy strategies that are applicable to most audiences
– Determine ways to leverage collaborative efforts among key stakeholders to incorporate health literacy strategies into patient-centered health home models
Early bird registration ends after Aug. 15.
For conference information, visit http://www.elabs10.com/ct.html?rtr=on&s=x8pbgr,kcqn,2kcy,ig95,7l1c,bwxv,5sd6