The following announcement was posted on the Health and Literacy Discussion List.
“Health Literacy Innovations, creator of the Health Literacy Advisor, the nation’s first and most comprehensive health literacy software tool, today announced the launch of the 2011 National Health Literacy Innovators Award.
The contest, a national competition to reward innovators in health literacy, seeks the nation’s best health literacy practices in print, in practice, and in the media. It is open to any company, organization or individual that can demonstrate excellence in health literacy.
The 2011 National Health Literacy Innovators judges are:
- Ariella Herman, Ph.D, Research Director, UCLA / J&J Health Care Institute, 2010 Health Literacy Innovator Award, Champion Award
- Carolyn Cocotas, Senior Vice President, Quality and Corporate Compliance, F.E.G.S., Health and Human Services System, IOM Health Literacy Task Force Member
- Cecilia (Ceci) and Leonard (Len) Doak, Principles of Patient Learning Assoc. Inc., and authors of Teaching Patients with Low Literacy Skills
- Julie McKinney, LINCS Health Literacy List Moderator, World Education, Inc.
- Linda Johnston Lloyd, M.Ed, Health Literacy Consultant and Retired Senior Advisor for Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), chair of the HRSA Health Literacy Work Group and member of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Health Literacy Work Group
- Marycelis Keiser, MPH, CHES, Healthcare Strategy & Communications Consultant
- Matilde Alvarado, R.N., M.S.N., Coordinator Minority Health Education and Outreach Division for the Application of Research Discoveries, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Greg Smith, Executive Director, Florida Literacy Coalition, 2010 Health Literacy Innovator Award, ReadsEasyTM Publication Award
- Silje Lier, MPH, Multimedia Advisor, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
For information on contest rules, application form, and last year’s winners please visit: http://healthliteracyinnovations.com/award”
Chief Content Expert and Multilingual Director
Health Literacy Innovations