The following post appeared on the The Health and Literacy Discussion List. Julie Kinney poses some interesting questions for further reflection. She writes:
“Check out this story about an “Aha!” moment for a doctor.
A few questions:
1. How could this Doc help facilitate the “gift”, mentioned in the last sentence?
2. How essential were the visiting nurses and extra time spent to this patient’s health? How hard is it to get these paid for?
3. This is an extreme, though very common case. How much of a barrier would health literacy be if Mr. M could read?
Health Literacy List Moderator
The Health and Literacy Discussion List
- Health Literacy Innovations Launches the 2011 National Health Literacy Innovators Award (aa47.wordpress.com)
- 2nd Annual Missouri Health Literacy Summit on Sept. 13, 2011 (aa47.wordpress.com)
- New Ad Campaign Urges Patients To Consider Medical Treatment Options (aa47.wordpress.com)