The following was posted on the HealthLiteracy listserv.
The Call for Breakout Session Presentations for IHA’s Eleventh Annual Health Literacy Conference has been posted.
Here’s a link to the Call for Breakout Session Presentations. We are looking for 90-minute, hands-on, skill-building sessions. A few topics that our attendees have told us they are interested in (note, this list is a starting point; any topic applicable to those wishing to improve their ability to communicate and work with others in a health-related context will be equally considered):
- Advanced social media strategies
- Focus groups / evaluation / field testing
- Effective website design
- Educational program design
- Program evaluation
- Demonstrating strategic value of health literacy program
- Implementing interpreters
- Grant writing
- Adult education / health literacy
- Partnering with libraries for patient resources
- Working with seniors
- Patient action plans
Questions? Please feel free to contact the number or email below.
— Michael Villaire, MSLM; Chief Operating Officer; Institute for Healthcare Advancement; 501 S. Idaho St., Suite 300; La Habra, CA 90631; (562) 690-4001 ext. 202; (562) 690-8988 fax; (714) 318-7237 mobile
- Just Jump In. Try It. See What Happens. (Share Your Expertise) (engagingthepatient.com)
- Launch of New Book, What to Do for Heavy Kids, Coincides with First Lady’s Campaign to Fight Childhood Obesity (prweb.com)
- CDC Planning for Change: The National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy (engagingthepatient.com)