Yes, the power is in your hands to prevent the Flu! Imagine how great it would be if you or your family were never sick again from a respiratory infection! What diseases you ask?
For example, Flu, flu-like illness, common cold, conjunctivitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, Coxsackie virus, Streptococcus, Pneumoccous, TB and more.
Do not tough the T Zone! It is the only portal of entry into the human body for ALL respiratory infections! Practicing the 4 Principles of Hand Awareness behaviors will ensure you “stay well.” Imagine never having the flu again!
The 4 Principles of Hand Awareness:
1. WASH your hands when they are dirty and BEFORE eating.
2. DO NOT cough into your hands.
3. DO NOT sneeze into your hands.
4. Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose, or mouth.
For more information and resources for National Handwashing Awareness Week, visit: http://www.henrythehand.com/ [National Health Observances site]
- Clean hands save lives: Global Handwashing Day 2011 celebrated worldwide (sanitationupdates.wordpress.com)
- Do Med Students Know When to Wash Their Hands? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Cold and Flu Prevention (everydayhealth.com)
- Animated Explanation – How a Virus Invades Your Body (freetech4teachers.com)