The following was posted on the BHIC Blog.
Teens love their cell phones. In an effort to help young smokers kick the habit, the National Cancer Institute is creating a new program called Smokefree T-X-T (http://smokefree.gov/smokefreetxt/) . It’s a free text message service that provides 24 hour encouragement, advice, and tips to teens trying to quit smoking.
- Smokefree TXT Tries To Get Teens To Quit Smoking (boston.cbslocal.com)
- URMC smoking cessation expert offers tips for smokers trying to quit (medicalxpress.com)
- Taking Smoking Cessation Medication For Several Weeks Before Quitting May Make It Easier To Stay Tobacco-Free (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Texting Becomes The Latest Tool to Help Teens Quit Smoking (mobilemarketingwatch.com)
- Quit Smoking: Going Cold Turkey (everydayhealth.com)
- Is It Cheaper to Smoke or to Quit? (everydayhealth.com)
- A Resource Guide to Stop-Smoking Programs (everydayhealth.com)
- NCI launches smoking cessation support for teens (nih.gov)
- Electronic Cigarettes – Quit Smoking Today in 3 Easy Steps (eciganywhere.wordpress.com)
- The Free Quit-Smoking Resource You’re Not Using (everydayhealth.com)