The following was posted on the BHIC Blog.
The National Coordinator for Health Information Technology announced this week a nationwide, open call for entries in the Healthy New Year Video Challenge, highlighting personal stories of patients and families using health technology to improve health.
Submissions for the Healthy New Year Video Challenge will be accepted through February 16 and can range from creative and innovative ways of e-mailing your doctor, using an online patient-portal to manage your health information, or downloading a mobile application that sends medication reminders. All videos must meet certain eligibility criteria.
For details, including contest rules, visit http://healthynewyear.challenge.gov. [HHS Press Release, Jan. 9, 2012]
- HHS Secretary Proposes Efforts to Empower Patients to Access Their Health Information (aa47.wordpress.com)
- 12 Months of Health Information Technology: A Year of Momentous Progress (listahit.wordpress.com)
- HHS Text4Health Projects (aa47.wordpress.com)
- HHS Unveils Personal Health Record Privacy Notice (informationweek.com)
- CDC Planning for Change: The National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy (engagingthepatient.com)